Seeking new talents
We offer 1 PhD position in our network. Apply and forge yourself a future in the exciting field of novel enzyme research!
The application deadline is 15th of June 2023.
Development and optimization of a cascade involving NN- and CCzymes
Hiring institution: University of Zagreb, Croatia
All our network institutions are equal opportunity employers and seek a workforce diverse in age, culture, nationality and gender. None of them will apply restrictions on gender, age, ethnic groups, national or social origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political opinion, and social or economic conditions.
If you want to apply for one of our positions, you must:
- at the time of recruitment by the host, are within the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of your research career and do not hold a doctoral degree.
- have not resided or carried out the main activity (e.g. work, studies) in the country to which you would like to be recruited “for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date” (mandatory to provide supporting documentation proving the place(s) of residence or work during the previous 3 years).
- be in position of enrolling in a doctoral programme at the country and to meet the specific eligibility requirements at the hosting institution, if applicable.
- Note: the mobility rule is applied to the first recruitment within the project, not to secondment periods. Mobility rules are applied to the residence and not to the nationality.
- you are able to speak and write the English language fluently.
- submit a complete application within the submission deadline through our application form.
Researchers that are being recruited as MSCA fellow to BiodeCCodiNNg will receive a monthly salary according to the national labour agreement of the recruiting institution. In addition,
researchers are being entitled to receive a mobility allowance and an additional family allowance if the researcher has a family (linked by marriage or equivalent and dependent children) upon recruitment. Please note that the payment modes of these allowances might differ per country the researcher is being recruited to.
You can apply to any of our projects through the application form that you can find by clicking on “Apply here” below each listed position above. Please be aware that you can only apply for one to a maximum of three positions. The reason for applying for more than one position must be explained in your motivation letter and your preferred position must be indicated. Please note that you must submit ALL applications via this form. We can’t attend any requests addressed directly to any of the beneficiaries.
In the application form you must provide:
- Personal information such as your first and last name, gender, nationality and contact details.
- Curriculum vitae, including publication list
- Motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) highlighting your research experience and academic achievements and explaining why you are interested in our project and in a particular research project (or more).
- A scanned copy of certified academic records. These documents must show the grades attained in exam periods and evidence that the required degree will be obtained by the expected time of recruitment if it has not already been awarded. In addition, the document should indicate a description of national grades.
- Any additional files relevant to the application.
- The contact of at least one university lecturer or scientist who are familiar with your academic work and who can judge your potential as a predoctoral researcher. Applicants will be responsible for ensuring that referees submit these letters.
- A summary of any work experience.
Start of the contract is expected to be between 1st September 2023 and 1st of December 2023
Call opening: November 2022
Deadline for applications: 24:00 h CET on 15 June 2023
Start date of fellowships: at the latest December 2023
Why Women Don’t Apply for Jobs Unless They’re 100% Qualified
by Tara Sophia Mohr